Chem-Dry, The Greener Carpet Cleaner
You wouldn’t add soaps, detergents, phosphates or other harsh chemicals to our air, lakes, streams or forests; so why add them to your carpets? At Chem-Dry, we believe in sustainability and have worked toward offering a Green solution to carpet cleaning for the past two decades. While other companies are using cheap harsh chemicals to get the job done, we go above and beyond to bring you the safest cleaning chemicals on the market. At Chem-Dry we believe a healthy environment, equals healthy employees and happy customers.
Chem-Dry’s flagship cleaning solution, The Natural®, is on the FDA’s G.R.A.S. list; however, our dedication to Green doesn’t stop there. We use one-fifth the amount of water during our cleaning process, ensuring a healthier, Greener home. Compare this to steam cleaners which require excessive amounts of water and harsh chemicals.
We also offer quick dry cleaning for upholstery, specialized fabrics, drapery and blinds.
Several products meet the strict standards of the Chem-Dry Certified program, which examines a product’s impact on people, pets and the environment. For additional information, click to view or print Chem-Dry’s Green & Clean Brochure in PDF format.
- The Natural
- Stain Extinguisher
- World Famous Spot Remover
- Upholstery Rinse
- Upholster Wet/Foam Cleaner
- Carpet Deoderizer
- Pet Odor Removal
Chem-Dry is continuously working toward advancements in Green carpet cleaning. Our commitment to sustainability is part of our mission to provide all people with a cleaner and more healthy living environment.
Health, Toxicity & Safety
- Oral Toxicity : products do not include hazardous substances ingested through the mouth
- Dermal Toxicity : products do not include poisonous substances that enter through skin contact
- Inhalation Toxicity : products do not distribute harmful pollutants that are breathed in from the atmosphere
- No Carcinogens : products do not include agents which increase the likelihood of cancer
Protection of Aquatic Life
- High standards for biodegradibility and not bioaccumulate. Products must not damage our streams or Mother Earth.
Safety for Materials Contacted
- The pH of the solution of the products must be no less than 3 and no greater than 10.
Clean Air Requirements
- The solution must not contain damaging levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
So why does Chem-Dry care so much about being Green? Well, simply put: Less water in your carpets means more in our nation’s reservoirs. Non-toxic means Chem-Dry is safe for kids and pets and makes Chem-Dry the perfect (often, the only) solution for many people with allergies. We live here too and our mission is to help create healthier homes for a better world.